Thursday, March 26, 2009

Time for the Mouse

Today is the day.


George is going to pick me up right after work and we are finally heading to California for another long weekend. We can’t wait.








Of course, I got a notice this morning that I have to attend a meeting at 3 p.m. today. Of all the days, the powers that be at work decided that today is the perfect day to have a meeting regarding some new project. They couldn’t have that meeting yesterday or maybe could have scheduled it for this morning?


No! Of course not!


It has to be on that one day that I wanted to leave just a bit earlier so we would get a bit of a head start on our drive to California.


It’s fine though. It doesn’t really matter. Maybe the meeting won’t take that long. Besides, I’m way too happy and excited to get out of town with my George to celebrate his birthday tomorrow. And we spend his special day at Disneyland.


Whoohoo!


Listen to me. One would think I’m still a little kid.


Why, yes! I still am. And I proudly admit it too. At heart at least. We love anything Disney, we love themeparks, we love going to California. And with the world going to pots the way it is right now we both need some time away from the “adults.”


It’ll be great. The weather in Southern California is absolutely beautiful right now. And we’ll also enjoy some time at the beach somewhere on Saturday. Maybe Newport Beach? Laguna? Hermosa? Who knows? Who cares? Either way, it will be amazing.


Have a wonderful weekend, world. I know we will.




No comments: