Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Third World

After my endless ranting in Monday’s entry about the deplorable and disgraceful state of America’s health and education system, or just the pathetic state of mind of Americans in general really, it was nice to see that I’m not the only one who feels that way.

As a matter of fact, it’s quite encouraging to feel vindicated by fellow citizens who are concurring with one’s opinions. I got the following comment from an article on the Huffington Post web site.


“America is a third-world country in terms of health-care, social justice, and general education. Corruption of politicians by lobbyists is on an African scale.

Whenever I return from abroad, I am more and more struck by the antiquated airports, the grungy downtown areas, the generally old-fashioned quality of the place. For many Americans, America is simply falling out of the first world.

I suppose there is a certain thrill in having more aircraft carriers than anyone else in the entire universe, but we seem to have less and less of everything else that makes a viable modern civilization.”

No comments: