Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Morning Has Broken



On work days I get up around 5:30 a.m., wash up, go to the kitchen to make coffee and have a nice bowl of cereal. Yup, I’m one of those people who actually eat breakfast. I can go without lunch and/or dinner, but I need breakfast. Otherwise I can’t function for the rest of the day.

Besides, I need to start my day slowly. I enjoy taking my time to sip my freshly brewed coffee, munching on cereal or a slice of toasted wheat bread while reading a magazine. I enjoy the peace and quiet in the morning. I love listening to the birds chirping in our back yard. I love looking out the window, watching the sun slowly rise. And living in the southwestern United States, we have some of the most spectacular sunrises.

Other people can rush through their mornings trying to get ready, just because they had to sleep those five minutes longer. Let them race down in their monster trucks on congested city streets, acting out on their road rage and cursing at each other. Is it any surprise why they’re already stressed out and totally frazzled before the day has even started?

Nope. That’s not for me.

I'm starting the day slow and easy. I'm feeling great. Then George comes down and we're enjoying our cups of coffee together. I'm feeling happy. And I know I’m now ready to tackle another round in that rat race. Take another look at that rising sun. Morning has broken.

No comments: