Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mark and Colin

It doesn’t seem like I’m on here that much anymore. I also noticed that some of my fellow bloggers are adding less and less entries to their sites. Looks like everyone is indeed having less extra time to spend writing. Or we just have switched to spend our time on sites like Facebook instead. I’m certainly guilty of that crime. I don’t necessarily have more time to waste on Facebook than spending the time writing an entry on here. In fact, I have even less time. Therefore, sites like Facebook seem more convenient and provide a more instant form of communication. So I have to pick the lesser of two evils.

The last few weeks just flew by. Work and George’s studying haven’t left much room for anything else anyway. Now the long Labor Day weekend has come and gone as well. We didn’t do much fun things or relaxing at all. Mostly chores around the house, homework and even more studying for George’s classes.

However, we managed to take time to feast on some really scrumptious food. And totally ignoring the scale in the process.


Mark and Colin took us on a hike through Tahquitz Canyon near Palm Springs.
But there’s a bright light at the end of this slightly monotone tunnel. Our friends Mark and Colin will come visiting us and staying at our casa. We haven’t seen them in quite a while, so it’ll be great to catch up in person. Granted, one can catch a glimpse of each other lives on sites such as Facebook, but nothing can beat spending quality time and having a face-to-face conversation with friends in real life.

Virtual living has its limits. And I would much rather “waste” my time with real, warm-blooded, breathing human beings than with some machine made up of chips and circuitries.

I’m old-fashioned that way.


Mark, Colin, George and I in Palm Springs, a few years ago.

No comments: